Thursday, April 14, 2016

Therapy Thursday

Our morning went pretty much as usual...I had school with the neighbor grandchildren. Woody did empty the dishwasher and washed a few dishes by hand this morning. Not long after lunch Woody headed off to therapy. I think that this should really help him. The therapist showed him how he should be walking...that should take care of the sore lower leg. He got his knee massaged to help with the fluid that causes swelling and he got a new exercise to do at home. We just figured out how to use the stretchy band...at least found an object to attach it to when he is doing the exercise. He has done that exercise and said that it wasn't a hard exercise at all. The exercises that are really hard for Woody to do are those that require him to sit on the floor. The hard parts = getting down and then back up. He goes back for another therapy session on Monday. It will be good for him to be shown exactly how he is to do exercises, etc. and to have an explanation as to "why" or "why not" to do certain things. This afternoon I rested for a little while after lunch as I didn't get the best rest last night due to my allergies acting up...as in sneezing over and over and over and then blowing and blowing and blowing my nose...in the wee hours of the morning. Mid afternoon Esther and Isaac came in with a package that had been delivered to our house and helped me open it. Then we went downstairs for me to make New England Clam Chowder...mmmm mmmm good! Esther had to go home and finish her school work, but Isaac stayed and played on the kitchen floor with the farm animals till it was time for his supper. I had clam chowder for supper and Woody had vegetarian chili. The dishwasher has already run and I have finished up washing a few things by hand...the kitchen is closed for the evening! I am in the process of getting the guest room bed remade after Erin's visit and have the guest bathroom towels in the dryer...another guest is going to be staying with us tomorrow night. I'm not sure which room he will decide to sleep in...but this way either will be ready. So I'm off to make a bed and then hang up the towels when they are dry and then I am going to read and relax for the rest of the evening...hoping for a better night's sleep tonight. Woody has the TV going and a book and/or a crossword puzzle in his lap. And, that about wraps up another day in our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment