Thursday, April 7, 2016

Fun for Young and "Old"

Today has been a full day. Woody headed off to the doctor a little before the neighbor grandchildren and I got underway with school. Woody got the stitches out of his knee today and everything is fine according to the doctor. He will start going to physical therapy next week. We had our usual Thursday schedule for school. Shortly after lunch Joseph came over while the rest of his family went to do a school program at a local elementary school. He had the best time with the Fisher Price barn that we gave Melany, our daughter, for Christmas when she was two. That barn has been enjoyed by so many children! Note that we gave "oats" to the animals. And, Joseph was very happy that the animals were willing to share their "oats" with him. I was just glad that I could give "oats" to the animals and let them share with Joseph...Joseph is very allergic to milk products and eggs...I was happy that I had something that Joseph could snack on! When his family returned several of the children came over to spend some time with Erin before she left. I had to cut into their time as I needed Erin to help make the surprise birthday supper that we planned for her mom. Melany's birthday is tomorrow. Nathan got the idea to make cupcakes and they brought one over with a BLACK candle in it and sang happy birthday to her. Melany headed Tullahoma way after her elementary teaching day ended. We had supper and then sat around and talked. She and Erin left just a little while ago. I decided to come up and blog before I clean up the dishes/cooking mess. Guess I need to head that way! Woody is watching a library DVD and icing his leg. Pretty quiet around here. I am looking forward to my recliner once I get finished in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment