Monday, April 4, 2016

Spring View

Tonight's photo show the view out of one of our back sun porch windows. When I walked back there today I noticed how pretty the pink and white dogwood tree is at the side of our neighbor's side yard. The dogwoods are really getting at their peak this week...so very pretty! Woody woke up way too early this morning and he ended up waking me up way too early too. I could tell that I wouldn't be getting back to sleep so I decided to work on a supply order for the church library. Woody printed out his daily crossword puzzles at that hour. Woody continues to take it easy trying to rest his leg as much as possible...of course he is also doing exercises that the doctor gave him. He continues to hurt, but it seems that most of the time Tylenol can at least take the edge off the pain. Melany, Wade, and Erin visited us yesterday and Erin stayed. She is paying us a visit for a few days this week. She woke up pretty early for her this morning. Her blood sugar level was rather low...but not dangerously. She got up and ate breakfast and it went back to a good level pretty quickly. I had a usual day of school with the neighbor grandchildren. After school, we had lunch. Over the rest of the afternoon one or another of Erin's cousins have come over to visit with her. I managed to take a short nap after lunch. Erin and Abigail played a couple of board games with Isaac's "help." Then they did various and sundry things over the rest of the afternoon. Isaac stayed a good part of the afternoon chatting with Erin and me. Erin fixed the major part of our supper...I was her helper for this meal. After supper several of the neighbor grands came over here to have their screen time with Erin. They have just gone home. I know that Erin has had a more active day than she usually does and also got up earlier than usual. I'll bet tonight she will be ready to "hit the hay" earlier than she usually does. She is one who often gets her days and nights mixed up. I always try to get her on a "more normal" schedule when she is here. Woody was dozing after supper. Between the dishwasher and me the dishes are just about done. I still have some to put away some that I left on the counter to get completely dry and also some in the dish drainer...and of course will need to empty the dishwasher when it is finished. My other job when I finish the blog is to go finish filling ice cube trays. We really go through the ice when Erin is here...and we have never had the refrigerator ice maker connected...it is times like these that I wish that it was! Well, for the moment all is quiet on the western front...guess I had better go finish my kitchen tasks so I can SIT the rest of the evening. My recliner is sounding VERY good about now!

No comments:

Post a Comment