Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Pretty Typical Wednesday

I went outside a little while ago to take pictures of some of the flowers in our garden that are blooming and this fella caught my attention up in one of our dogwood trees. This is a red-bellied woodpecker...according to one of our bird books...doesn't look very red-bellied to me...more red-headed...but we have another bird visitor that matches the picture and description for a red-headed woodpecker. The other one is much more red-headed than this one. Today has pretty much been a typical Wednesday for both of us...school for me...Wednesday Krogering for Woody. This afternoon I headed off to work in the church library for a couple of hours and during that time Woody headed next door to take care of the seven neighbor grandchildren for a couple of hours. Woody came home a little after I got home. Abigail came back over to work on her sewing project...her latest zippered bag. It was her long Grammy time today and she wanted to work some more on her latest bag as she had someone in mind to give it to. We had leftovers for supper and we are now settling in for a quiet evening. When I was downstairs Woody was faithfully working on the exercises that his physical therapist gave him. Just a little while ago we received a friendly automated call from Vanderbilt reminding us of Woody's appointments next week for labs and to see Dr. Sosman. I've come back in to add a post script...I was reminded of something when I saw the date after I blogged. Thirteen years ago today was when I was "struck" with Transverse Myelitis. The date sticks because it was Easter Sunday and Nathan and Kathy and Graham had come for a visit...they were living in the Atlanta area at that time. I know how many years by subtracting one year from Graham's age as he was just a little over one that visit. By God's grace most of the symptoms have reversed themselves and the nerves have settled down over the years (according to my neurologist). I still tire easily, have some weird sensations throughout my body at times, my right arm still feels like it is asleep (that is where the symptoms started and traveled up my arm and across my body and down my left side into my left leg/foot...and reversed themselves from left back through my body to my right side. A really strange disease/injury to my spinal cord...something attacked my spinal cord...perhaps a virus...or it could be autoimmune problem...docs really don't know. I just know that I am glad to be at this end of the thirteen years...thirteen years ago there were quite a few frightening days ahead for me as the symptoms continued to increase...in 24 hours I had just about every symptom of MS. Glad I'm sitting here today with as few problems as I have...God's grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment