Saturday, April 2, 2016

Play Ball!

Tonight's photos show Woody's "only" time to leave the house today. And, note that he did choose to sit on the bottom bleacher. I, on the other hand, braved to "almost" the top of the bleachers trying to get above the fence for at least some of the pictures that I attempted to take of Elijah. Floods of memories came back of Nathan's Little League games. For such little guys they really did a good job of hitting and fielding. Elijah had one of the RBI's. I think that he would have rather have actually scored the run himself, but his hit knocked in the fifth run of that inning for his team and at that point they stop that half of the inning and let the other team come up. The Marlins won so Elijah had his first taste of baseball victory! Woody did let me run the Saturday errands today. I dropped some books off at the library, went to the Credit Union and to WalMart...quite a lot of errands for me to run at one time! I got home in time to eat some lunch and start getting ready to head to the ball field. Woody is still having quite a bit of pain...more than he was having prior to the surgery. The physician's assistant who saw Woody earlier in the week said that he could be having some "gait pain." Pain due to him changing the way he walks due to the injury/surgery. I hope that is all that it is. The area that is hurting is below the surgery site...Woody says like shin splints. The only thing that makes me sort of cringe is that this area is where he had radiation and that area of bone could be weaker. I guess we will see what the surgeon or his assistant says when Woody goes back in a few days. On our way home, I guess Woody and I celebrated Elijah's victory by getting Blizzards...we go by the Dairy Queen on our way home from the ball field...convenient! I came in and got busy on finalizing tomorrow's Sunday School lesson. I haven't quite got it ready as I guess my day caught up with me and I dozed for a little while. After I blog, I need to go check on the guest room condition as we have a guest joining us tomorrow afternoon. Our oldest grandchild, Erin, is going to come for a few days visit. It was quite cool and breezy this afternoon at the ball park...supposed to get down close to freezing tonight. I wonder what middle Tennessee winter it is this time...I haven't kept track of what is blooming this year...too many other things going on. I was amazed today at how the trees are filling out just in the few days since I last ventured out in the car. Spring colors the world with such lovely shades of green and other spring-like colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment