Monday, April 25, 2016

Meet Glory

Glory the Goat is the latest addition to one of our flower gardens. Woody found her and thought that she would be a good decorative/coversation piece for the garden. I had school on our usual Monday schedule. Esther got underway with machine embroidering for a doll dress. She is very pleased with the colors she chose. She embroidered the front bodice today and still has the sleeves and skirt to embroider before we start to sew the pieces together to make a dress for her doll, Noel. Woody headed out while I was reading with one of the children. He went to Life Care to have Bible study with Jeff and also visit several friends who reside there. He continues to have discomfort in his leg now due to sciatica pain. I took a short nap in the early afternoon. That gave me enough energy to do a couple of loads of wash and get them put away. And I also decided that the porch needed a bit of cleaning before it would be very inviting to sit down. I vacuumed off the pillows and wiped down the chairs and tables. They look much better. Now perhaps I will settle out there with a cup of tea and a camera and attempt to get some pictures of our bird visitors. I also filled the bird feeder today so that should invite some birds to come visiting. I saw the red-bellied woodpecker up in a tree when I was working on the porch, but he didn't come down to the feeder...at least while I was out there. Tomorrow is our day to pay Vanderbilt another visit. This time Woody will have labs and see Dr. Sosman. This will be the last time that he will see Dr. Sosman. Not having Dr. Sosman will seem strange after having him see Woody through so many treatments for so many years...since December of 2008. Of course there were several years that we didn't see him when Woody was being treated by The National Institutes of Health. I wonder who will be Woody's new Melanoma doctor. We will be up with the birds again tomorrow...really early appointments again this week. I'll report in tomorrow night about the results of Woody's PET scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment