Saturday, April 23, 2016

Rather Warm Day at the Ol' Ball Park!

I think that we are all glad that most of Elijah's games are in the evening. It was quite hot with the sun beating down on us. It was another good game for the Marlins. The top photo shows the final score with Elijah under the sign out in left field. The Mariners were the home team today. The bottom photo shows the teams filing out after the game to tell the players on the other team "good game." Today's game was much closer than some of the games have been which meant for a shorter game time under the sun. They finished the game (6 innings)in just about an hour...most other games have taken 1 1/2 hours or a little more. This morning saw Woody going about Saturday in his usual fashion. He went to both Kroger and WalMart to do our grocery shopping, went to the library and made a hospital visit to a church member. While he was away, I did some cleaning...ran the vacuum in the family room, cleaned the downstairs bathroom and vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor. I meant to do a little more but my energy spurt had run out! After he got home I put away the groceries and then I headed off to ran an errand before lunch. We had lunch and then it wasn't long till it was game time. I guess being out in the sun got to me as I didn't feel all that great after we got back home...I was aching all over. Not sure if I was dehydrated or it was my Transverse Myelitis objecting to the rather warm temperature. I really never felt extra hot while watching the game so who knows! But I drank a lot after getting home and then fell asleep for a while and when I woke up I felt better. Woody went to church to hear a special speaker: a gentleman who was a former Islamic terrorist. He will speak during our church services tomorrow also. We are now both settled in for the evening. We've had a pretty busy day and are ready to for our usually dull evening...good books in hand along with perhaps a TV show or a DVD for Woody.

No comments:

Post a Comment