Friday, August 26, 2016

Another Day...Another Doctor!

We were up bright and early again this morning and left the house around 6:30am. Today Woody had his yearly check-up with his dermatologist in Murfreesboro. He was told something interesting this morning...usually when they have a patient diagnosed with 4th stage melanoma, that patient never returns to them. Woody has been keeping up with his yearly appoinments with them for more than eight years now. Once again he is beating the odds! There wasn't much open after his appointments...except for grocery stores. So we made a stop at a grocery store that is supposed to be coming to Tullahoma...Publix. There were several items that we haven't been able to find here in town so we went looking for them at Publix and we were successful...we found stone ground cornmeal and a brand of whole wheat pita that Woody likes. We also looked at the pasta aisle and found a whole wheat penne. Woody bought me a treat. In his eyes a treat for me is something that he doesn't eat/like...thus he isn't tempted to eat it. I got something that I had never had before...goat cheese. I found out that I like it...of course what we bought was flavored with cucumber and chives so I'm not sure that I have really, yet, tasted goat cheese! Once we got home I decided that maybe I had better cook something for our supper since Woody had hopefully inspired me by stopping at a really nice grocery store! I made marinara sauce and then put some browned chicken thighs into the sauce and popped all that into the oven and let it cook for quite a while this afternoon...till the chicken was just falling off the bones. I served it over some of that penne that we bought this morning. While my sauce was simmering, Woody skinned the chicken thighs and I took a nap (our doctor trips always seem to make me tired!). Joseph came over just as I was going upstairs. He played for a while and I guess he got tired as when I came downstairs he was napping on the couch in the family room. Woody left to go on a walk a little while ago. It has been so hot and steamy today...I hope the fact that the sun has gone down that it was just a bit more comfortable for walking...but with the humidity that we are having it still won't be very pleasant out there. Tonight's photos are some that I shot out of the car window on our return trip from the doctor...a few interesting views that I managed to capture. I must end by wishing our oldest granddaughter a happy birthday. She turned 23 yesterday. Boy...those 23 years have passed before our eyes all too quickly! I am going to "really" end tonight's blog with two more photos taken today...just in case some of you who live close by and don't know about the big yard sale going on in Wartrace both today and tomorrow. There were tent after tent lining the road of interesting treasures (someone else's junk).

No comments:

Post a Comment