Saturday, August 20, 2016

Party, Party!

This has been a very active day for us. Woody started out first by running errands so he would be back before I needed to leave for my Sunday School brunch. (Our second car has been on the fritz...may be okay now...Nathan and Graham worked on it again.) I was hustling around the house getting the dish that I was taking baked and getting ready for Melany and Erin to come and getting myself ready to head out the door. We had a great time at our brunch as can be witnessed by the top picture. What a great group of friends! We have so much fun when we are together. It was a lovely day for an outside brunch...the rain held off, their was a breeze beside the one that the fan provided. Due to the rains yesterday and it still being cloudy, the temperature was a bit lower than a typical August day. So all-in-all a great time was had by all who attended and we missed those who couldn't attend. Did I mention that we are great cooks? Melany and Erin arrived a little after I got home. We visited the rest of the afternoon and then had a light supper (though I am way too full...think that I have eaten too much at the two events today!). I managed to snap a couple of photos, but didn't quite get everyone in the pictures. We had children playing board games on the card table behind the couch, some watching the Olympics, some reading (Aunt Melany read for a while to Joseph), and most of us a part of several conversations! It started pouring late afternoon and again during our supper. Melany delayed her departure a bit wait out the rain. It's now just the two of us and we are both ready to put up our feet and watch some more Olympics. I won't be talking Olympics after tonight as they will be over when next I blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment