Saturday, August 27, 2016

Celebration Time

At least it is celebration for those of us who live near to Shelbyville, TN, "The Walking Horse Capital of the World." This is the big Walking Horse event looked forward to all year. Folk flock to Shelbyville if they are Walking Horse or just horse show fans. School lets out for the time of the horse show. Some who live in Shelbyville and adjacent areas rent out their houses to those who come for this show. We drove through Shelbyville on our way to Woody's urologist's appointment so I decided to try to capture some signs, etc. that showed that the event was about to happen. We passed this farm both coming and going and on our return it was obvious that horse show activity had started to happen here in the time that we were at the doctor. On our return trip there were several large horse trailors that hadn't been there when we passed in the early hours. People were sitting around in front of the horse barn obviously enjoying each other's company.
Woody walked four miles this morning. Later in the morning he went to WalMart, Kroger, and the library. I machine embroidered another Christmas ornament. I put away the groceries when Woody got home. And, then decided to look for a recipe for an item that he had bought at the grocery store...ground turkey. He thought that he wanted turkey burgers, but I decided that I wanted something that would disguise the meat more than in a patty. I found a recipe for Turkey Quinoa Meat Loaf. It happened to be a recipe that we had everything I needed to make it. It really turned out surprisingly good. I made the meatloaf and Woody prepared steamed broccoli...a pretty good supper for Saturday night. Usually Saturday is more of a snacking/eating leftovers kind of day. Woody also helped me clean up the kitchen...that's always appreciated! I came back upstairs and decided that I would go back to work on my latest cross stitch Christmas ornament. I am about to be finished with cross stitching ornaments for this Christmas. My aim is to have one for each of the neighbor grandchildren. They don't have many hand stitched ornaments so I decided that this year they would each get one. Erin and Alex grew up during my cross stitching days. And, the neighbor grands grew up during my machine embroidery days. Machine embroidery goes much faster...and, when you are trying to make one for each of nine total grandchildren there isn't always the time to do them by hand. So this year I have started early enough that I think that I can get at least seven made. I am on my sixth at the moment. Of course, after I stitch them, I still have to fashion them into an ornament...but the part that takes the longest time will be done and just awaiting the finishing technique that I choose. I plan to machine embroidery Erin and Alex's! So with that said, I'm off to hopefully finish the ornament that I'm working on for Abigail. I will end with a picture of some Shelbyville horses...but just not Walking Horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment