Monday, August 29, 2016

Muggy Monday

I took tonight's photo on our trip Friday on our way home from the doctor. One never knows what you might follow when on our more scenic route. Slow traffic isn't much of a problem on the way home. But when you get slowed way down on the way to an appointment it can be a problem...one of the reasons that we build in extra time on our trips going to appointments. Today has been pretty much a typical Monday for us. Woody got up early and walked six miles. He is walking with much less of a limp these days...at least it seems that way to me. He says that it is still "slow-go" when he first gets up from his chair due to stiffness. I had school time with six children and Elijah twice. Joy had her long time today. She is learning how to manipulate some of the stitches on the sewing machine...making them longer and/or wider and joining decorative stitches together. She is making a picture using various stitches. Elijah had his long time after lunch. He made a balance scale today and learned more about simple machines, levers, folcrums, etc. He figured out how to make the scale balance when the load is lighter on one side than on the other...by moving the heavier weight closer to the folcrum. He is doing these simple machine lessons with K'nex. Back when Graham was so into K'nex I purchased a couple of teaching simple machine K'nex kits and now Elijah is using them. Woody headed off to the Life Care Center before lunch. He also took a short grocery list with him. I am going to breakfast at a friend's home in the morning and I am going to take a fruit salad so needed some fruit! Woody happily bought extra fruit as he knew that he would get some! After Elijah had his long time, I got the fruit washed. While it was drying I sat and read for a few minutes. Then I attacked the fruit salad. It is now in the refrigerator getting nice and cold for in the morning. Woody left a while after supper to go to the Monday night prayer meeting. I dished him up a bowl of the fruit salad so he could judge whether it was good or not. He ate it after he got home and gave it a thumbs up. Now we are settling in for a quiet rest of the evening. I may do a little cross stitching on Elijah's ornament. I finished the one that I was working on Saturday so started the next one yesterday. It has been a very hot and humid day here in Middle Tennessee...thus tonight's blog title!

No comments:

Post a Comment