Tuesday, August 9, 2016

They're Everywhere! They're Everywhere!

I decided that I wanted to go get Chick-fil-A for supper tonight and look who I ran into--the Crazy Tie Guy and three of his children (of course to me that means our son and three of our grandchildren). I did know ahead of time as Kathy came over to tell me something and when she found out where I was going she told me that it might be crowded. It is Chick-fil-A's "Back-to-School-Bash" and Nathan, Graham, Abigail and Joy were part of the "fun and games!" Well, I almost didn't go and then decided to go and see if it would be possible to get some food without having to wait forever. And, it was a quick "in and out." On the way out I decided that I would try to snap a couple of pictures of part of my family doing what they do best--making children happy--tonight with balloon sculptures! I only saw Graham, Abigail and their daddy. I found out from Kathy when I got home that Joy was there too. And I did get her in the picture without knowing it...she is in the bottom right corner of the first picture...with a balloon circle on her head. I like their bright orange shirts--these are among the new sets of shirts that they made before heading off on their three week trip. These are really bright and showy. I managed to take these photos unbeknownst to them...tricky Grammy! Woody made two trips to the pharmacy today attempting to get a prescription that he has been trying to get since last week. We found out last week that our doctor had gotten married and that she gave the whole office the week off while she went on her honeymoon. So he couldn't get the refill last week. While at the pharmacy the first trip today, the pharmacist called the doctor's office and found out that the doctor's office was having computer troubles since coming back after their week off. Woody stopped back by the pharmacy on his way to the prayer room tonight and still no word from the doctor's office. Maybe tomorrow? Woody did drive to the pharmacy and prayer room as the humidity is still way up there which makes walking rather uncomfortable. Tuesday's are going to be a bit different for Grammy school this year. I won't have students in the morning on Tuesday, but after lunch two come and read with me. One of my accomplishments for the day was to create an overdue book list for our church library--we aren't very strict on overdues at the church library--but every so often we need to check to make sure that they are still where our computer says they are! Woody and I are settling in to attempt to watch the Olympics this evening. I'll see how long I can stand to watch the TV go in and out on a weak signal!

No comments:

Post a Comment