Monday, August 8, 2016

Back in Session!

The school year for the Dorrell Family Homeschool started up again today. I had a pretty busy day as six of the seven filtered through during the morning and one in the afternoon...so all total I had seven come for their "times" with me--one came twice. Elijah came for his reading time in the morning and his long time after lunch. Graham is the only one who isn't coming and he is a freshman this year...so has pretty much graduated from Grammy school! (Graham just came over and I told him that I was writing about him. He wanted to know "about what?" So I told him and he said that he thought that he had graduated from Grammy school last year--and he is correct!) Woody waited till after lunch to go to The Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff. He hoped that he would find several of the residents who he visits awake if he went right after lunch and he did so he visited as well as had Bible study. Early this morning he walked two miles. He said that they felt more like four miles! Maybe he will find the miles easier as time passes and also once temperatures drop and humidity goes down. The air seems thick due to the humidity. It rained a couple of times this afternoon for short periods. After all the school times, I was pretty beat. Grammy wears out more easily these days! I had to go sit down for a while and even dozed a bit before I could tackle a recipe that I wanted to make. It's a salad that needs to marinate over night. So it wasn't for today's meal but hopefully it will be nice and chilled and the flavors well blended for us to eat tomorrow. A little after supper we got an invitation to go next door to watch "Isaac's show." We did and got to watch four of the seven dance and prance about for a few minutes. Then I sat there for a little while longer and watched Olympic ping pong--Japan vs. Northern Korea women. I came home and added the last ingredient to the salad and mixed it up well and got it into the refrigerator. I don't know about the children, but the first day of school wore Grammy out!

No comments:

Post a Comment