Monday, August 22, 2016

Monday Once Again

No picture tonight. I am having knee problems. I just went downstairs to get the ice pack and sat back down in my recliner and got all situated with the ice pack and realized I hadn't stopped first at the computer to write the blog so...I will attempt to write it on the iPad. Google and Apple don't like each other and it just doesn't work as well on the iPad as it does on the laptop using Microsoft Windows. I had a usual day of school this morning and then had Elijah's long time after lunch. Woody walked four miles while I was teaching this morning and then went to The Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff. Jeff is a quadrapeligic and was having a bit of a rough day. He was having pain in his legs. Woody, a lady who was visiting Jeff and finally a nurse got him positioned so he was in less pain. After Woody had Bible study with him, Woody attempted to get Jeff's TV on the channel he wanted it. Woody had a problem with getting it changed so went to find a nurse or aid to help. On the way back the nurse asked him how he was doing. Woody answered with his usual "Fair to middlin'." The nurse said, "That is what your mama used to say." Woody was rather surprised to hear that. It had been many, many years since Woody's mother had stayed there after she broke her hip. Small world! This evening Woody went to the Monday night prayer meeting that is starting up again. I have been reading, icing, cross stitching and napping since Saturday evening. Taking it easy really helped the one knee, but then the other knee started hurting today. I guess because I was favoring the other one. So at the moment I am sitting here with the ice pack that Woody got when he had knee surgery. I have it draped across both knees! And, in a minute I am going to put it under both knees. It is one of those ice packs that goes in the freezer and then goes inside a Velcro pocket that will let you wrap it around your leg...it works better the way I am doing it when it is both legs! There's usually more than one way to "skin a cat!" No Olympics so back to reading, doing Sudoku puzzles, and cross stitching in the evenings. I finished one cross stitch ornament over the weekend and got underway and am almost finished with another. Think that I am going to post this and read for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment