Thursday, August 11, 2016

Hisssssss Thursday!

Oh, the exciting discoveries of childhood! On Monday, our first day back to school, what is pictured in the above photos was the discovery of the day. Joy had just come over for her long time and she had been in the house for just a few minutes and one of the children stuck their head in the door and beckoned us to come next door to see the snake they had found. Interesting to watch it for a few minutes...a good addition to Joy's long time with me! We left when the snake went into their garage. I will report that it was captured and taken out of the garage and it slithered away in another direction...probably to our garage!!! Well, today marks the end of my first week back to school...and I can tell that I have been away from it for a while. Abigail had her reading time after lunch. And, once she was finished I plopped for a while. I was going to go take a nap in my chair upstairs, but the Olympics caught my attention so I rested downstairs in front of the TV and ended up not napping. After resting for a while I attacked our supper...Eggplant Parmasan...a rather lengthy recipe...lots of steps. It is finally in the oven for its final cooking time. I hope that the taste will be worth the effort! I am bushed from doing that...and, you should see the kitchen! I came upstairs to blog while it is cooking. We will be eating in front of the TV tonight watching the Olympics. Woody got up early and walked SIX miles today. That is the first time that he has walked that distance since before his leg broke...maybe even before his knee surgery...anyway, it seems like a long time since he reported six miles to me when I ask him how far he walked. Well, off to eat and watch the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment