Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Wednesday Doings

On Sunday after we got home from church, I happened to look out the window and see this goldfinch enjoying the seeds from our cone flowers. When Melany first helped us plant cone flowers, she told me not to dead them as the birds enjoy the seeds from them. And, here's proof! I am always happy to see these bright little yellow birds. I'm glad that they are enjoying our coneflowers as they have definitely faded in their glory...but now they attract brightness to them! Today was a pretty typical Wednesday once the school year begins. Woody headed off before school got underway to go to the local farmers' market. He got what he went for...an eggplant. We needed one more to suppliment the ones that we grew...ours are rather small. I am planning to make eggplant parmesan tomorrow afternoon. Abigail had her long time and started and finished a project all in one day. She wanted to machine embroider a volleyball design on a T-shirt. We found the design and got it ready for the machine and got the T-shirt ready to be embroidered and got it started embroidering before her time was up. I had lunch and went to the church library to work for a while. On the way home I stopped at the public library and returned some books and got some others. I let Abigail know when I got home and she came over and she finished embroidering her shirt. It really turned out cute. She chose a cute design. After she got her shirt finished, I was ready for a nap. I slept until supper...tonight was a scrounge night (aka leftovers or whatever else there is that sounds good!). Now I am ready to go down and watch some more Olympics. Our TV/antenna behaved itself last night as it seems to be behaving so far tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment