Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Knives! Torches! Yikes!

This afternoon Abigail came rushing into the house. She was all excited as she had just juggled knives for the first time and had gotten something like 12...maybe 14 catches. She wanted us to come out and watch her. She wanted me to take a movie, but I prefer still pictures so I snapped a few. After she showed us, Elijah said that he was learning to juggle torches!!! At this point he is still juggling them unlit! I imagine that it won't be long till they will be on fire. He is really going to town with his juggling. He can now juggle five balls (quite a feat for a just turned 7-year-old). He recently juggled five in one of their programs for the first time. Abigail was really excited about discovering that she can juggle knives. She is probably the least enthusiastic of their jugglers so it is good to see her excited about juggling knives. At the moment she is most enthusiastic about playing volleyball. She is on a homeschooling team and will be playing area middle school teams. She played in her first game last night. Her team won so that made her happy! Fall Ball is starting up and three of them are playing. Elijah is still on a coach pitch team. Joy and Esther are on the same team and they are old enough to be on a player pitch team. The girls were very enthusiastic about the practice that they had last night. Elijah had practice this evening.Sounds like sports are starting up once again! Today is a low-key day for school. I usually only have Abigail and Joy read to me after lunch. But today Esther had her long time with me as we might not be home from Woody's doctor appointment in time for her to have her time on Thursday. My knees are much better. But I continued to take it easy as much as possible today hoping that would help them even more! I have taken advantage of my "sitting time" and have been cross stitching Christmas ornaments. I finished another last night and then looked for the one I wanted to do next. I started that one a little before coming in here to blog. Woody walked to the prayer room at church early this evening and just returned a few minutes ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment