Wednesday, October 26, 2016

All's Well!

I'll start off with the doctor's report so you don't have to wait till the end! Dr. Wyman said that the scans looked clear and that Woody's labwork looked good also. God is good! After all the trips this week, we won't be going back to Vanderbilt till the end of January. It has been nine months since Woody has had a Keytruda infusion. Woody went to Kroger before we went to Vanderbilt this morning. We left a little before 9:30am and got home around 3:30pm...a pretty "fast" trip for Vanderbilt appointments. Once again we got there early and everything went ahead of schedule as far as appointments. We were actually leaving Vanderbilt when Woody's appointment was scheduled with Dr. Wyman. So a very good day! I have done pretty much nothing since getting home. But Woody has worked. He has installed two toilet seats. We had been needing new ones for a while, but finding the right color and shape was a problem. The other day I made it a necessity to get at least one new one...it was the day that I was shampooing the carpet in the family room and the downstairs bathroom. Well...I had to get down on my hands and knees to use our new little carpet cleaning machine to get next to and behind the toilet...and...when I get up these days I need help...what I thought was a good solid surface to push myself up with wasn't such a good idea. I used the toilet and when I pushed to get up...the lid torqued and snapped off...ooops!!!! So since then we have been trying to find the right ones for two of our close to 40-year-old toilets. In the end Woody ordered them from the company that manufactured ours. The order arrived an hour or so after we got home today and Woody has managed to change/install both of them. And, I am pleased with the color match. The first one he brought home was white and the wrong size...the next was still the wrong size but came closer to an okay match...but this one...just right! And, I have learned my lesson about what not to use to assist myself in getting up off my knees!

No comments:

Post a Comment