Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Signs of Change

The signs that Fall is here are beginning to show themselves. It is getting dark so much earlier. The nights and early mornings are really chilly...to the point of needing a light cover to sleep. There is a hint of color in the leaves...each day there is a little more color in some of the trees. The skies seem to be a deeper blue in the fall. Woody got up and worked on cleaning up the kitchen...he did the dishes that didn't fit in the dishwasher and straightened up the counters...just so I could mess them up again! Woody headed off to do his weekly stop at the Farmer's market and Krogers. I decided that I would attempt to finish up with what I had started last night. Managaed to get the kitchen floor vacuumed without creating some mess up! And, then mopped the kitchen floor. When Woody got home from the grocery store, I put away the groceries. At that point it was almost time for lunch so I decided to make the pot of chili that I had planned to make last night and didn't get around to it due to all the fiascos in the kitchen. We had chili for lunch. That's another sign of fall...it's chili weather. After lunch Woody went on a four-mile walk and I went to work in the church library. I came home and ordered some supplies for the library. And, that about has done me in for the day! I'm ready for my chair. Woody is already in his chair watching a news program on TV. I did get the buttons sewn on Joy's present last night. I had planned to get started on another sewing project. But at the moment I think that will wait till tomorrow. Maybe after I rest for a while in my chair I will feel like cleaning up after my sewing project for Joy...we will see. At the moment I'm not sure what is left in me...reason that I came in to blog early...afraid that if I sat in my chair I would doze off and miss "blogging time!" I will end tonight by bidding Joy a very happy real birthday. We will celebrate next week on Abigail's real birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment