Saturday, October 8, 2016

Substitution Saturday

Woody walked four miles this morning. Later in the morning he did our Saturday grocery shopping. This morning he went to both WalMart and Kroger. He was looking for an ingredient in a salad that I was going to make for a friend whose mother passed away this week. He was unsuccessful so substituted something else. I happened to have the ingredients to go with his substitution so in the end that worked out! In the afternoon we went to attempt to deliver the salad and then made a stop at JoAnn's for three things that I needed to continue to sew for Joy. I ended up having to substitute something else for what I was really looking for, but that substitution worked out okay too. This morning while I was getting things ready to sew, Joseph came over and spent some time with me. He wanted to play with his beloved farm animals and wild animals. He plays so well by himself. In the end he decided to look at books. He had two books that he found that had pictures of a farm lined up in the upstairs hall and was looking at all the details. So cute! I even sewed for a while when he was here. So I can say that I am actively working on Joy's birthday present once again. After our trip to JoAnn's I worked on it some more. Woody made balsamic mushrooms for part of our supper. I ate a few...mushrooms aren't recommended on a diet to rid one of or prevent gout. But I took my chances and ate a few. They just smelled so good while cooking that I couldn't resist. They were very good. After supper I sat down to figure out the next step in my sewing and then was going to put the finishing touches on my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow and...oops I just woke up a little while ago. Guess I am still trying to make up for lost sleep. Woody has been watching football on TV off and on this afternoon. He was watching one game, when I walked through, that was being played in the rain of Matthew. Those players were really sloshing around. I told Woody that baseball players are smarter than football players because in baseball there would have been a rain delay. And, Woody noted that in baseball a tarp would have been rolled out to try to keep the field dry. We had a bit of wind today...not sure if it was due to Matthew or from a front that brought in cooler temps but no rain. I did notice when I was out and about today that the leaves are beginning to change. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment