Saturday, October 22, 2016

Could It Possibly Be Fifty Years?

Last night and tonight my high school class is celebrating our 50 year reunion. It just can't be possible! It seems like just yesterday that I remember my father talking about going to his 50th...so it couldn't possibly be mine! I will be there only in thought and am looking forward to pictures that friends post on Facebook. (Don't tell anyone that I said this, but I saw a couple of pictures that were posted from last night...and I just can't figure out why so many OLD people were there!) Woody was up and moving before I was this morning (that is true most mornings) and was already underway making pumpkin pudding for Abigail and her family when I got downstairs. He needed two ingredients that we were out of so he made a trip out into the chilly morning. He decided to try a new grocery store, Aldis, that just opened this week. He did find one item that he was looking for but had to make a stop at Kroger for the other. He said that Aldis is a different kind of grocery experience. He came home and got the pudding ingredients mixed and into the oven. Joseph came over wearing this:
He wanted to be like Abigail. They had the ear cover as a keepsake from Abigail's last surgery so Joseph borrowed it for a while. Before the morning was over, he was wearing it strapped around his middle with the cover on his back and he was a turtle! Since Goosey (Woody) was still making pumpkin pudding when Joseph came over, I joined Joseph in Goosey's chair and read the farm book that Goosey had gotten for him at the library. He brought all his little farm animals over to the chair and got them out when I read about each animal. By the end of the book he had quite a lap full of animals! After I finished reading we loaded the animals back in their basket and Joseph got down on the floor and decided to line up all his animals...both wild animals and farm animals. Here's a picture of the lineup of animals:
Esther joined him not long after he got them all lined up and they enjoyed playing with them. In the end they picked up the animals using Goosey's "helping hand pick up" stick that he got after his leg surgery. It still comes in handy and Woody has it next to his chair in case he needs it. Jospeh just happened to spy it and decided to try it out. Once Woody got the pudding into the oven and Esther and Joseph were occupied with picking up the animals, I got underway with making a soup recipe. That took me a while. By the time I got it done it was quite a bit after lunch. Woody had already eaten French Market soup for his lunch. I hadn't had lunch yet so decided to dip out some of the new one and enjoyed it for lunch. I was just about finished with my soup when I got a call from Kathy about instructions about taking bandages, etc. off Abigail's ear. I went next door to check things out since they didn't exactly tell us that info...they just told when she could take off the ear cover and not to remove the packing as it would dissolve. The gauze and the cotton balls we figured it was okay to take out...but then weren't sure about the tape behind her ear...covering the cut where they removed the fat to repair her ear drum. It was decided that should be just left alone and that it would come off in the next few days on its own. Kathy said that they could style her hair tomorrow so the tape wouldn't show! I went back and finished my last couple of bites of soup. Joseph came over again a little while after that and played downstairs with his animals in the family room with Goosey. I realized that after I ate that I was going to have to take a nap before I got on with the cleaning that I planned to do. I was just dozing off when a little boy came up and started to play with his barn near my feet. He really didn't want me to go to sleep...but Grammy just couldn't help it! Finally I suggested that he climb up in my lap and I would play one of the YouTube videos on my iPad of animals that he loves. So he did and I know that then I dozed...and, when I woke up, look who I found dozing with me:
So Grammy and Joseph napped together today! I got to just sit and rest some more till he woke up. Such a sweet little boy!
It took him a bit to come all the way awake. By the time he did, it was time for him to head home for his supper. We were just at the bottom of the stairs when Joy came over to get him for supper. He got a sip of water and then headed back to his house. Now...let's just say that I didn't get around to cleaning...but I did get the vacuum upstairs (does that count?). I have washed my two fleece throws...it is getting to be fleece throw-kind-of-weather. They felt so good when they came out of the drier! I know that it is getting to be cool weather when I ENJOY taking hot clothes out of the dryer! I will end saying that I have no plans of any more selfies in the near future! Oh, and, both patients seem to be doing quite well!

No comments:

Post a Comment