Thursday, October 20, 2016

One On the Mend

Kathy had her surgery this morning...one on the mend. Tomorrow at this time I will be able to say "two on the mend," hopefully. Woody walked early this morning so he could be "on call" if needed next door. I attempted to do school per normal. Joseph came over for his time. Woody was back by the time we had finished and Joseph decided to play downstairs with his farm animals. I headed next door to get Isaac. Isaac read (tonight's pictures) and did addition and then was ready to head back to his house. I grabbed up the various books that the children read out loud to me. We had decided that I would do the reading over at their house. I helped a couple with their English school work and then read some with Elijah, Esther, and Joy. After lunch, I read with Abigail. Woody came over after Joseph decided that he wanted to go back home. At lunch time I went back to our house so I could start the soup that Woody had chosen: French Market Soup--a multi-bean soup. I got the beans simmering and then went back next door so Woody could come home for lunch. Elijah was in charge of making lunch for their household...PB&J on homemade bread. I think that he was deemed a "good cook," though Abigail felt that he spread the peanut butter and the jelly a bit too thin...that was remedied with another dip or two into the respective jars! After Woody got back, I headed back to work some more on the soup...and I "rested my eyes" for a little while. My lack of sleep the night before last was catching up with me! When I opened my eyes again, Woody was back home which meant that Kathy and Nathan were back from the hospital. I went over to check on Kathy and she said that the block hadn't worn off yet so at that point she was having no pain. The doctor told her that the way her tendon, etc. were that exercise, etc. would not have solved her situation. Of course, Woody's response to that was that all doctors say that after whatever surgery they perform! Kathy's foot is wrapped in a bandage till Sunday and she has a boot that she is wearing also. She also has crutches. She is pretty much limiting her moving around the house to the bare minimum...she has a place staked out on one of their couches with her foot propped up. We will be leaving very early in the morning hoping that morning rush hour doesn't slow us down too much. We have to be there at 7:30...pretty hard to miss rush hour at that time...hopefully it will be pretty much smooth sailing. I'll report on the next Dorrell who will be on the mend tomorrow night. Just a few minutes ago, Woody received another friendly automated reminder of his appointments for his CT scan, lab and to see his oncologist at Vandy next week...so the two days of appointments next week for Woody have now been confirmed. Doctors, doctors, doctors!

No comments:

Post a Comment