Monday, October 31, 2016

BOO!!!!!!

Joseph is showing you one of the fun things that you can do with some of the leaves that are beginning to fall. Both leaf blowers have been in use already...the leaves are definitely coming down. The temperature doesn't say that it is the last day of October...but I "think" that we will be wishing for temperatures such as these as we get closer to winter. Woody heard it said that this is the warmest Halloween ever. I know one thing for sure that the children don't need even a lightweight sweater this year. We can see their costumes in all their glory. Of course, where we live we hardly have any Trick or Treaters...so far just two and I think that they are the boys that live across the street. Woody walked four miles early today. I slept in a bit later than usual because I am having another Fall Break from school this week. I am trying to take advantage of this break and do some sewing and some cleaning and some cooking. So far today it has been just cleaning and cooking. I really want to get busy on the few Christmas presents that I plan to sew. Maybe tomorrow? Woody went to the Life Care Center this morning and had Bible study with Jeff. He brought us home Arby roast beef sandwiches for lunch...a nice treat! I made chili this afternoon even though it isn't really chili weather. It still tasted pretty good even with the warm temperatures outside. As I was getting tonight's photo, I realized...well, I have known this for a while...I really need to get busy on sorting my photos. I am way behind and they are piling up in their daily files...again, I have to find the time to sit here at the laptop and go through them and get them into their correct files...rather a time consuming job...especially since I haven't done it for quite a few months...lots of pictures to go through! Again...one of these days I will find the time. It may be after Christmas when things wind down at the end of the year. I am starting to think about decorating for Christmas...still just thinking...but one of the reasons that I am trying to do some cleaning. This past Thursday Esther and I decided to get out some of my Christmas CD's and play some Christmas music. She is making a Christmas present during her "Grammy long time" so we decided to get in the spirit of Christmas! At their sleepover, she and Elijah sang quite a few tunes from their Christmas musical that they are practicing for at church...Esther has a solo or two and Elijah has a speaking part. Christmas starts early for the children's choir as they get ready for their musical. Hmmmm...listen to me talking about Christmas and November/Thanksgiving isn't even here yet...and even more than that it is Halloween...I'm as bad as the stores! Woody is at the Monday night prayer meeting. He'll be home soon to greet any little goblins that may ring our bell. Happy last day of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment