Tuesday, November 1, 2016

It's November

As I typed tonight's title, I was reminded that I needed to turn up the page on the calendar in this room...while the photo was loading I did just that. I have had another day of working in the house. I continued with what I was doing yesterday...working on the masterbathroom and bedroom. That turned into wandering into the sewing room (because I was putting away some sewing items that were on the cutting table in the bedroom) and attacking the mess in here. I had lots of thread to put away after all the embroidery designs that Abigail put on her skirt. All thread is put away and and things are straightened, vacuumed, and dusted in here...ready for the next project to mess them up. I spent some time choosing machine embroidery designs that I want to use on some baby burp cloths that I plan to make for a friend's new grandbaby. I got the sewing machine hoop out and the diapers that I will use to make the burp cloths...but the machine hasn't been turned on...so no stitching...yet! I also joined an Instagram photo challenge today...it has taken me quite a while to figure out just what I am supposed to do...not sure that I have it figured out yet...but at least I got a photo posted for today. It is a sewing photo challenge. I have never been too fond of Instagram photos...so not sure how I will feel about the ones that I capture daily for the next 21 or so days. Woody has worked in the yard...the leaves are starting to fall as well as the acorns...at times it sounds like we are under fire when acorns bombard our roof. It's enough to make one jump when it is late at night! I managed to clean out the drawers and under the sink in our bathroom...a job that was overdue. I threw away a lot of out of date items. And, once again we can see what is in each of the drawers...for how long is to be seen! But they look good at the moment at least. I have yet to get downstairs to do much cleaning. I got the bed made again in the school room after the sleepover. Tomorrow I'll get the one in the guest room remade. I started another mess this afternoon. Someone gave me a large bag of fabric that I hadn't had the heart to face yet, but decided that today was the day to do it. So at the moment my chair is surrounded with piles of fabric that I have sorted through. The piles can't stay there as this fabric hasn't been washed and the dyes are getting to me...so I will need to get it into the washer and drier...several loads as some of it is quite a large amount of yardage. Woody has returned from his walk to the prayer room at church...his usual Tuesday walk. It is still way above normal for temperatures and way below normal for rainfall. It certainly doesn't feel like November. Woody and I walked the Tullahoma Greenway again on Sunday. Tonight's picture of a cattail is one that I took on our walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment