Monday, November 21, 2016

Spectacular View from our Front Porch!

The tree across the street is absolutely beautiful as well as the "carpet" that is below it! It is just breathtaking to walk out and see the vibrant color of this tree. Nice view! We have had a pretty busy Monday. I started out the day with a modified school schedule. We aren't doing Grammy long time this week since it will be a short week due to Thanksgiving. Joseph and Isaac had their usual time with me and then the rest: Elijah, Esther, Joy, and Abigail read outloud to me from the various books that we are reading. I read a bit longer with Esther as we were at a very exciting part...literally a cliff hanger and we had to make sure that the heroine of the story was rescued! After lunch I got back to work on the decorating. Over the weekend I got the shelves above the kitchen cabinets all decorated...so today it was time to tackle the dining room. Esther and I had already gotten out the Precious Moments nativity scene so that meant that it was time to climb up and down the step stool multiple times putting angels on top of the china cabinet. It's almost finished...but I just found some more angels that I hadn't gotten downstairs with yet...so will probably attempt to squeeze them in...hopefully without toppling any of the others! One of the major things that I will do after I finish with the angels is get all the boxes and tissue off the dining room table...put out the few things that I use as a center piece and pretty much be done with getting decorations out and placing them places around the house. Well, now that I think about it I do have the decorative cup and saucer shelves to dust and add a Christmas touch or two...then it will be time for the tree/s! I still have to decide if I am going to do the corner tree in the family room. I am now feeling the crunch of getting totally decorated and cleaned up as we made the decision in the Sunday School class yesterday to have our Christmas party at our house on December 4th...oh, my...less than two weeks away. It's a good thing that I got an early start on my decorating! Woody went to the Life Care center this morning to have Bible study with Jeff and to visit with some other folks there. Later in the morning he went for a four-mile walk. This evening he went to the Monday night prayer meeting. I made up a concoction for our supper. I spiralized many veggies and Woody helped me cut up some others then I cooked them on top of the stove and added some sweet Italian sausage pieces. Really yummy! We are both settling in for the evening. Woody is challenging the computer to Scrabble and I am about to go down and place a few more angels. My chair is beginning to sound very comfy to me...it has been a long busy day. Here's a closer look at the beautiful tree across the street:

No comments:

Post a Comment