Thursday, November 10, 2016

Things Are Hoppin'

It seems like we have had a super busy day. It started out with me having a regular morning of school. Erin was up and at um before I was today...that is good as sometimes it is hard to pry her out of bed and with her diabetes "hard to pry out" could mean that she is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too low. So far so good with all her "reads." I'm trying to just leave her alone and let her deal with it...but I have had "to scrape" her up off the floor several times too many when she got waaaaaaaaaaay low. She "should" be able to deal with it all herself...but sometimes her other ailments (aspergers for one) get in the way of her being able to deal correctly. We are having a very pleasant visit. She was a big help getting supper...she loves to cook. We had red clam sauce over zoodles (spiralized zucchini). Very good! She made the sauce and made salads. She and Abigail took turns spiralizing the zucchini...I called that job a "Tom Sawyer job!" Before lunch I told Joy, Esther, and Elijah that since Erin was here that we could start decorating for Christmas (gasp!) tomorrow IF all the toys in the living room got put away nicely into the toy closet. I told them that I knew that they didn't get them out, but that it would be a great help if they would put them back. Joseph got a little over enthusiastic playing a couple of days ago and really enjoyed a LOT of toys from the toy closet without putting one back before he got another. Right after lunch, Esther and Elijah and Isaac and Joseph showed up to do the job. The little boys gathered the toys up from the family room and brought them out to the living room and Esther and Elijah organized the toys and got them back in the closet in very short order...and nary a complaint that they hadn't been the ones to make the mess. Now to see if I have opened up too big a can of worms about decorating...I just feel like I need to take advantage of Erin being here to help get boxes out and down the stairs. Abigail spent part of the afternoon with us as the rest of her family had a gig tonight and Abigail had a volleyball banquet. Two of her teammates and their mother picked her up. I hope that she is having a great time. This afternoon we got the finishing touches done on Abigail's skirt. She tried it on and she looks really cute in it. Woody walked four miles today. He has slipped upstairs a couple of times today to challenge the computer to Scrabble. He also has helped me get the kitchen cleaned up. I have the dishwasher running and I am about to head to my chair...I'm sure that it has missed me today...not much time to sit!

No comments:

Post a Comment