Saturday, November 19, 2016

Tuning Up for the Season!

Well, I guess I can say that things are coming along. The carolers have taken their places in the living room and have been tuning up for the upcoming Christmas season. Today I got the shelves above the kitchen cabinets adorned with snowmen, trees, and other Christmasy things. Here's a close-up peak at just a small section of those:
I just add Christmasy things to the apples and cookbooks that are up there year round. I made lots of trips up and down the step ladder. I guess that is what made me so tired. I took quite a long nap this afternoon. Not what I meant to do as I was really trying to make great strides today. "Maybe" I will do a little more after I finish the blog...perhaps at least pack up some of the everyday items. I had packed up most of the items on the dining room table, but today added what I took down from the top of the kitchen cabinets. I am ready to work on the dining room and then things will pretty much be done except for the Christmas trees. I want all the boxes upstairs in the hall before I bring down the trees...one mess at a time...ha! ha! Definitely a big mess around here...but it will b worth it and I will really enjoy it once it is all done. I enjoy doing it, too as there are so many memories with each item that is brought out...48 Christmases of memories! Woody delivered the breakfast cookies to the church this morning and then went on with his usual Saturday errands--WalMart and now a stop at Aldi's (new store in town) has been added along with time spent at the library. He walked four miles this afternoon. Today has definitely been a crisp Autumn day temperature-wise. It has already dropped to 39. When I walked next door a little while ago, I actually pulled out a fleece jacket...first time for a jacket this season. Since I had a jacket on, I moved the green car out of the driveway so we can use the white car in the morning. Woody thought that we might appreciate the heated seats in the morning on our way to church! Guess I will go pack up some things. I had a "'tis the season" call from my sister, Cheryl, today. Years ago when we didn't call at a drop of the hat like we can now...we called our phone calls between AZ and TN "'Tis the Season" calls...we called a lot more during the Christmas season. We have continued to make these calls even today when we can call at about any time that we want...times have changed! Guess it is time that I start ending the blog with: 'Tis the season...because 'tis!

No comments:

Post a Comment