Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving Progress

Happy Thanksgiving 2016! We have had a rather quiet day in comparison I would guess to many who are reading our blog. Today all I have done is make a little progress towards our family Thanksgiving on Saturday. I made our traditional Autumn Salad, a gelatin salad with dark cherries, whole cranberry sauce, and crushed pineapple...a favorite especially with the children. My other accomplishment towards Saturday's meal is to cube and dry the stuffing bread that I made the other day...now two loaves of bread = two bags of dried bread cubes. The rest of the day I have done a little of this and a little of that...trying hard to work on the tree, but can only work on it so long till my back starts hurting. I also took a good nap this afternoon...needing the rest for two reasons: didn't sleep well last night and need to be rested for making pies tomorrow! Woody got up and went for an early six-mile walk. When he got home, he made us sweet potato waffles for breakfast...our Thanksgiving fare for the day. The rest of the day we have been working on eating leftovers to make space in the fridge. He has worked behind me in the kitchen cleaning up the messes either he or I make. Guess I will head back downstairs and hang another ornament or two or...'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment