Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Wednesday...All Day...I Think!

Google has changed some things about the blog...so I'm not sure what we will end up with tonight! This hasn't seemed like Wednesday to me...first didn't work in the library this afternoon...then Nathan and Kathy and Kathy's family had their Thanksgiving today...so they were in and out using our "double ovens" = their oven + our oven = our double ovens. It smelled a lot like Thanksgiving over here as we cooked their sweet potatoes, dressing and warmed their smoked turkey. I spent the morning getting the living room ready for the tree. That means moving a couple of chairs, lamps, etc. and vacuuming really well.Woody went for a four-mile walk around 8am and then after he got home he headed off to do our grocery shopping. This afternoon I heard Woody out running the leaf blower. After lunch I hemmed a couple of dresses and fixed another dress for Kathy's oldest niece. Then it was time for me to think about getting the tree downstairs. Before I got all the branches carried downstairs, Nathan came over and asked me to be photographer for some family pictures. I managed to get all 24 of them into the picture and hopefully everyone was happy with their expressions! Just before I came up to blog I finally got the last branch downstairs, the trunk into the stand and the top of the tree on and all the rest of the branches are all sorted acoording to size. Now to get enough energy to shape them and get them on the tree. I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! (Will let you know tomorrow night!) I will be doing a little cooking tomorrow while the rest of you probably feast with your families! Enjoy your day with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment