Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Wednesday

I guess you can see that I found some pretty leaves at the church today. The sun was shining just right as we were leaving from our library work time. I spent a lot of the morning continuing to wash and dry the fabrics that were given to me. I have them all folded neatly on the guest bed and will see what the girls think about them...whether they want to make something out of any of them. A lot of these may find another home! I have a few that I want to keep...mainly ones that are off-white that I can use to line bodices, etc. Other people's fabrics just don't always appeal to another person's tastes! The main fabrics that I have used that belonged to someone else were my aunt's and my mother's. I guess our tastes ran in the same direction...familial likes?!? Woody headed off to do our Wednesday grocery shopping this morning. I put away the groceries when he returned. We had lunch and then it was time for me to head off to the church for our Wednesday work session in the library. We didn't have a lot to do today...mainly maintenance (checking books in and out and shelving returned items). The main bugaboo today was getting the printer to print...but finally I guess we held our mouths just right and it worked. Next week we should have some new books and DVD's to process as we are waiting on an order to arrive. For anyone who loves books, being able to choose and purchase books can be a dream job...as ever so much more is spent stocking the library than I would ever even think about purchasing for my personal use...for one thing we are maxed out in our many bookshelves here at the house and we rarely if ever purchase books for ourselves. Both Woody and I are "library folk" through and through. I really think that we would have to be since we both read so much. Woody worked in the yard some. I know that I saw him blowing leaves a time or two. He has also been gathering all the rakes that we have between the two households and putting them in a location where both households can get them when needed...at the moment that place is against our chimney...well, that is definitely between our two houses! Shortly after I got home from working in the library, Woody and I headed off to take advantage of free Dorrito Taco Locos...this is a World Series promo for Taco Bell. On the way home, Woody drove through Chick Fila's drive through and got me a Coke using a Chick Fila gift card that is almost used up...but has enough for a coke or two. And, I like a treat of a Coke now and then. So we had a free meal. Woody added a bowl of my chili to his meal...the Coke and taco were plenty for me. Woody waited till this evening to go on his four-mile walk for the day. He returned a few minutes ago...so we are now settling in for the evening. He is at the computer in the school room challenging the computer to a game of Scrabble. I'm not sure what I plan to do with the rest of the evening. I do know that the last two days of going pretty full tilt on cleaning has caught up with me...today I am not moving so fast. And, I still haven't gotten any time to sew. Oh, well, tomorrow is another day...to quote Scarlett!

No comments:

Post a Comment