Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Beautiful in Middle Tennessee!

Tonight's photo shows just a little of the colors that surround us here in southern Middle Tennessee at the moment...so many beautiful trees! I got my hair cut today and this is the photo that I captured of Lake Tullahoma while I waited my turn! Today was Isaac's morning to spend with us. We did school for part of the time and then we dove back into the decorations. We did unload several boxes, but when I look tonight I just see a bigger mess! One of these days I will be able to sit back and enjoy the decorations (at least I hope I will!). After lunch I headed off to get my hair cut. Abigail came over to read after I got back and then Joy had her turn. The rest of the afternoon and evening I have gone back and forth between the decorations and resting...more resting. Woody and I took advantage of a buy one get one free Blizzard for a treat today. Since I am decorating I decided to get in the Christmas spirit and had a Candy Cane Oreo Blizzard. It definitely made me think of Christmas. Now to get just enough done that I can have the mess downstairs put away so we can have Thanksgiving next week. I am having trouble realizing that we hit the mid way point of November today. I will have a few extra days to continue my decorating next week as we don't have our family Thanksgiving until the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I would like to have the decorating done except for trees and everyday decorative items put away before that Saturday. I don't care if we have the trees up or not and I don't care if the upstairs hall is cleared...just want to be able to walk around downstairs without tripping over boxes and getting tangled in tissue paper! Plus it would be nice to have tables uncovered so we can sit at them for our meal! I hesitate at putting the trees up as each of them has toppled on one Thanksgiving or another when I had them up prior to our family Thanksgiving! One year the BIG living room tree fell and another year the corner tree in the family room went timber...so trees could wait and probably should!?! Woody got back a while ago from walking to and from the prayer room at church. We are now settled in for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment