Thursday, November 3, 2016

Warm Fall Thursday

We had a chance of rain today, but so far haven't seen any! Woody got up early and walked eight miles. This is the first time that he has walked that far since before his surgery. He also did more raking and leaf blowing. This time he was assisted by the neighbors...they were trying to get as many as possible to the edge of our front yards as the leaf pick-up truck was in the neighborhood. For a while both our front yards were leafless...but I'm sure that won't last for long. That's the first stop in our neighborhood for the leaf vacuum truck this fall. It will make several more trips by before next spring. I spent a part of the morning working on the Sunday School lesson for Sunday. I have an all day sewing event on Saturday so there won't be any time to do any last minute studying for it so I needed to get the studying and note taking done before Saturday. It was a good "job" done. The neighbors (Nathan and family) are back. They had been in Florida for a gig and then made a stop at Kathy's parents'in south Georgia. They got home yesterday. This morning they headed off for another gig. This one was at Melany's school. Isaac told me that they got to see Erin as well as Aunt Melany. Isaac and Joseph played over here for a little while after lunch. I was working in the sewing room trying to decide on machine embroidery designs that I am going to use on a Christmas present for my great niece. They played on the floor in here. Joseph discovered the knob that makes my sewing/office chair go down...that proved to be great entertainment for a little while. It really got two little boys to giggling really hard when they saw Grammy and her chair go down! I still haven't turned on my sewing machine. I keep telling myself that Christmas is getting nearer so I need to get busy on these last gifts. I am so glad that I did so many ornaments early this year. Woody just returned from taking care of the neighbor grandchildren while their parents went on their Thursday night date. I think that we are both settling in for another quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment