Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Under a Watch

Last night we had a good rain...tonight...we are under a tornado watch (just means that conditions are right for one to occur...warnings are what we don't want...that means that one has been spotted on the ground!). I had a modified Tuesday schedule for Grammy school today...Joseph and Isaac had their individual times and then Esther had her long time. She got underway with her newest cross stitch picture. I dusted in the sewing room while she stitched. I decided that today was a good day to attack the kitchen. The first thing that I did was to wipe down the shelves in the fridge...well, that meant that I saw the turkey broth waiting for me to skim the fat off and then make some kind of turkey soup. I had all the ingredients for one so spent most of the afternoon making soup rather than cleaning. I think that we enjoyed the results of my efforts at supper more than if I had "just" cleaned! I made Williamsburg Turkey Soup, a recipe from Southern Living magazine many years ago. A pretty good way to use up the scraps of meat that aren't the best for sandwich making. After supper, Woody headed off to the prayer room at church. He walked four miles this afternoon expecting that it might be raining tonight...so he drove to the prayer room rather than his usual walk. It is now raining quite hard so glad that he drove! He came home and then headed out a little while ago to make some visits for our church's White Christmas. We take food to church in white bags on a designated Sunday in December for those in need in Tullahoma. There is an attempt made by all the deacons in the church to visit each family prior to taking the food to them...making sure that someone will be home on the day of delivery, finding out how many in the family and if there are any dietary restrictions, etc. I think he is glad that he took his umbrella...it is pouring at the moment. We didn't find out how much rain we got last night because the rain gauge was laying down rather than standing in its stand. Woody got it repositioned so maybe we will be able to find out tomorrow how much we get tonight. It is so good to have the rain...just wish that it didn't have to come with storms! I was wiping down the kitchen cabinets before coming upstairs...guess I should head back down and complete that job and listen to the rain and the thunder. I will take my iPad downstairs as it seems to be what is alerting me to the storms at least at the moment. A little while ago, a voice comes out of the iPad telling me that there is a tornado watch in our vicinity...that came from an Alabama television station weather alert and then shortly I got a drop down message from a Nashville television station...but wouldn't have known about that one if I hadn't been alerted by the unexpected voice coming from my iPad! You can now say: "Lois is hearing voices!!" Weatherbug is blinking a warning too...so guess that we have gotten initial alerts...to be watchful...until midnight according to Weatherbug...just another night of possible severe weather in middle TN. Not as quiet in our household tonight due to rain on the roof and rumbles in the sky...just don't want to hear the Tullahoma siren! The siren means head to a safe place in your house as a tornado has been spotted on the ground near us. Will report tomorrow night how our evening goes...hopefully "things" will just move on through without problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment