Friday, November 4, 2016

I'm Packed!

Does the title make you think that I am going somewhere? Well, I am, but just in downtown Tullahoma. I'm going to "Sew Super Saturday" in the morning. One of my quilting friends started inviting me quite a few years ago. She has since moved away and now another frind who is a member of the same quilt guild has continued inviting me. I have my machine all packed up along with (hopefully) all the sewing notions, etc. that I will need. It starts at nine in the morning and goes until 4pm. I will actually be quilting this time (not exactly "my thing")as the whole group who is gathering is making quilts to give to agencies in the city/area for children who have traumatic things happen to them...perhaps a fire or perhaps a car accident. I will be helping to piece together a top for one of these quilts. Woody walked four miles this morning. A little while ago he and Nathan went to visit a friend and I went next door to take care of our seven neighbor grandchildren as Kathy is away. We are both home now and ready to settle in for another quiet Friday evening. Tonight's photo shows Joseph "reading." He really loves books these days. He was having fun telling me and Isaac about each of the pictures in this Golden Book picture dictionary. One of his favorite books when he comes over here these days is one that was his daddy's when he was a little boy: Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever. Boy are there a lot of things to talk about in that book. It was a big favorite of his daddy's all those many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment