Saturday, November 5, 2016

Turning Back Time

Before coming upstairs to blog, I moved the downstairs clocks back an hour...now to set ones upstairs...including my watch! Whoopee! That moved me an hour closer to my sister one and only sister, Cheryl, in AZ...a state that doesn't change time. As I say each year...it is just so much easier for phone calls, etc. when we are only an hour apart...so for a few months we will live closer to each other! Since I went to Sew Super Saturday I don't know exactly what Woody did during the day. I know that he did his usual Saturday errands including groceries and the library. He also took a walk...I'm guessing that he walked four miles. I'm too lazy to walk back downstairs and ask him. My sewing extravaganza was a lot of fun...but also very tiring. I really missed the breaks that I take to sit in my recliner that I can take when I am at home. I pretty much sewed nonstop except for lunch from a little after 9am until 2pm. I cut out the last few pieces for the quilt that hadn't been cut (my friend cut the pieces, but this morning one of the colors was missing so we had to make a quick trip to the quilt store), I sewed all the pieces together, had help with the pressing of seams, and then we sandwiched the quilt (backing, batting, quilted top) and pinned it...and that is where I stopped because I didn't have the color thread that was needed to quilt it. I probably could have found someone in the room that had the color...but by that time I had sewed enough! Woody came and picked me up. He transports me there and home, as I can't very easily hoist my machine. This time I took the machine that the children sew on...my original computerized machine (still heavy) that I now consider to be the neighbors as I have given it to them...but it resides over here due to sewing lessons. It was much easier to transport the machine this time since I now have a rolling case to transport it in, thanks to one of our blog readers! (Thanks, Connie, it really came in handy!) Woody made a big pot of Spicy Beef Vegetable soup while I was gone. It really tasted good for supper. I headed straight upstairs after getting home...so glad to see my chair! I sat down and it wasn't very long till I was sound asleep...busy day for me! My back is really hurting so I am heading back to my chair as soon as I push the publish "button." I think that I will look through the goody bag that I got...lots of fun sewing things in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment