Friday, November 11, 2016

It's Happening!

Well, we have gone and done it! We started decorating for Christmas today. I'm wondering if I have lost my mind. I keep thinking that I'm like the stores...ignoring Thanksgiving. But I figure that I had better strike while I have the help. Esther and Elijah have helped the most. They made many trips up and down the stairs and also helped me clear all the surfaces downstairs except for the dining room (the place where everyday things go until I find a box to put them away in till after Christmas. They even dusted and did some of the vacuuming. We decided, that since Alex (19) isn't really "into" the tradition of the Fisher Price Nativity any more, that we would go on and let them put it out today while Erin is here. Tonight's pictures show them "all" working away at putting pieces where they wanted them to go. I was snapping pictures of them putting out the different parts of the scene when I realized that Joseph wasn't in the pictures. Woody had been reading to him so I scurried out to get him to join in the fun...well, the bottom picture shows you the state that I found him. He fell asleep while they were reading about "the big bad wolf!" He slept till it was time for their supper. Woody managed to get away from the fray and walk four miles this afternoon. He has helped me several times to right the kitchen after our various meals of the day. Erin hasn't felt the greatest...her reads were high...reason = her pump ran our of insulin during the night! Well, she got her reads back down and she is fine now. I'm waiting for a time when she visits that we don't have extreme highs or extreme lows...seems like we almost always have one extreme or the other or both! I fixed supper with Erin's help. After supper I came up to rest a bit and decided that I would blog. Now it is time to go down and put the dishes in the dish washer. Woody was getting them ready for me to load when I went down to get the camera. I don't think that I can do much more with decorating tonight, but at least we are well underway with the task. The children have had so much fun getting into boxes...almost as much fun as Christmas morning! Joy came over and asked about when I would get the Christmas books out and I told her that they were out. She headed upstairs and disappeared for quite a while. When I went upstairs she was stretched out in the hallway reading some of the Christmas books. Isaac helped me get the books out so I stopped and read him one of them after we got them on the little bookshelf. It was a bit of a challenge to find all three boxes for the Fisher Price Nativity...which meant that I got out a lot more than I probably would have if those boxes had been front and center. Well, off to put dishes in the dishwasher. And, I can't believe that I am saying this but...'tis the season!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment