Friday, November 18, 2016

If Your Grammy Sews...

If your grammy sews, you might end up with boxes and boxes of empty thread and ribbon spools that you can spend the afternoon building with! When I empty a spool, I pop them into a bag that hangs on the sewing room door and when I think of it I take them downstairs and add them to the boxes that are in the toy closet under the stairs. Esther happened to spot the boxes today and decided to build with them and Elijah joined in with Isaac watching. They have left part of their creation on the floor in the living room with the promise that they will come back tomorrow to finish. Now we will see if they do! I just got finished baking some breakfast cookies for the workers who are getting our church's Night In Bethlehem: A Living Nativity set up. Our Sunday School class was asked to bring refreshments tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that the memories of the class are better than mine...I almost forgot and I was supposed to be the one to remind everyone last night. Well, here's hoping that at least a few read their email tonight! I just pulled the last cookie sheet out of the oven. I have once again had a very busy day working on the decorations. Isaac and I have gotten quite a bit done including packing up a lot of the things that need to be put away till the Christmas decorations come down. I am about done in for the evening. I sat down in my chair "thinking" that I was through for the evening and thenremembered my baking obligation. So now I am looking foward even more to my chair! Woody has had a busy day. He got busy with the leaf blower when the city leaf vacuum truck was spotted in our neighborhood. He got a lot blown to the road. Good to get them up before the rain tonight...though we aren't supposed to get a lot, we will be thankful for each and every drop! We have had so little rain that I almost feel like I am once again living in AZ! Woody's other arduous job today was to call and find out about a new prescription plan D for Medicare for me. Our pharmacy called a little over a week ago and said that Medicare was no longer going to accept the company that I had my prescription insurance with. I think that company is being sanctioned by Medicare/the government for false claims or something. So we had until Dec. 7 to get a new drug plan into place for me (Woody and I didn't use the same insurance co.) Woody had been spending a lot of time on the computer the last few days trying to figure out which companies might work for my meds. He finally narrowed it down to two and he called them today. He then narrowed it down to one and got me signed up. So I "think" that my meds will be covered come January. If it isn't one thing it is another...and Medicare or whoever didn't make this task an easy one! I made a pot of Stuffed Spud Soup late this afternoon. It sounds like it is going to be "soup weather" by the early hours of the morning. It has been another warm day...currently it's 61 and it supposed to get down to low 40's over night, and barely get to the 50's during the day tomorrow...then tomorrow night it is supposed to get down into the 20's and then not get out of the 40's on Sunday and by Monday morning supposed to be in the lower 20's. Brrrrrrrrrr! My bones will not be happy! But I really can't complain since our warm weather has lasted so long into November this year. The Weather Bug symbol is flashing on the bottom of my computer screen. It's telling that there is a "freeze watch" until Sunday morning. It will be our first hard freeze of this season. I guess it is time to go take the last batch of cookies off the cookie sheet and let them cool so I can get them ready for Woody to take to the church in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment