Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Day 2016

We voted early so we have just had to listen to tales of long lines at the polls! Woody chose to walk to the prayer room early this morning so he could be home to watch the returns this evening. He also did an errand in downtown Tullahoma on his walk. Today is the day that Isaac comes over when school starts and then stays most of the morning. He enjoyed his time so much that he came right back after lunch and stayed till almost supper time. He was my "little shadow" while he was here. He played in the guest room while I got things ready for our guest who is arriving late tomorrow afternoon. Our oldest granddaughter, Erin, is going to come spend a few days with us so I needed to get fabric and sewing projects out of the guest room. Isaac is becoming quite the little Lego builder. We have very few Legos here at our house since we have always been the K'nex building place! When Isaac came over today I mentioned to him that when he finished with his school time that he might like to see the Lego sets that we do have: some Lego dinosaur sets and two very small vehicle kits...one a train and one a bulldozer. He got interested first in the train engine which was already/still put together. Then he carefully took it all apart studying each of the pieces and where they went. I was really surprised and proud when he told me that it was back together...maybe it takes very small fingers to be able to easily work with these really small Lego pieces! Later on in the day he got interested in the dinosaurs. When I got the bed cleared off for Erin...he took over that space and spread out instructions and Lego pieces over the whole bed. Isaac's really big news today is that he started reading pink strips today. These are lists of three letter words. He did a great job! After Isaac went home, we had soup for supper. Then I sat down in my chair...and just woke up a few minutes ago. Now to get going on really getting Erin's room ready for her visit! I also have some preparation work to do on Abigail's skirt before she comes tomorrow for her sewing time. So I guess I had best get busy. Woody has challenged the computer to quite a few games of Scrabble today. Now he is ensconced in front of the TV for the duration of the evening. I just heard a tap, tap, tap on our front door. It was Joy coming over to use our kitchen for a cooking job tomorrow. Her kitchen was busy! After a bit I convinced her to use our food processor...she was grating zucchini...much faster with the food processor. I told her that I thought that she would have been here all night if she had done it by hand. It is her turn in the kitchen tomorrow and one of the things she is going to make is zucchini bread. Well, I'm off to finish with the guest room and then do some work on Abigail's skirt. We have a lot of toys on the living room floor (Joseph enjoyed himself over here too), but I guess that Erin will overlook those if she has "her" room ready! I guess I may stick my head in to hear election results once in a while too. I was trying to "live stream" them on my iPad...but the delay or whatever was driving me crazy before I came in to blog. My main feeling about this election...ready for it be behind us! Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment