Thursday, November 17, 2016

Highland Rim Road Trip

After saying yesterday that I didn't need to go anywhere to get beautiful pictures of fall foliage, today Woody and I headed off on a road trip...but not just to see leaves...though I did enjoy looking at all the beautiful colors along the way. Today was my six-month check-in with our primary care physician for lab work and to see her. Today I actually got to see the doctor rather than her nurse practitioner. She wanted to talk to me about starting on a medication due to my gout and high levels she noted in my last lab work. My levels are more than twice what they should be...so one more pill to take. She is edging me onto the medicine slowly...I start with one every other day for a month, then go to one every day for a month, then one one day and two the next for a month and finally two a day until I go back for my follow-up visit. I am putting that last sentence into the blog so I can come back and refer to it...rather confusing! I do have it on the calendar on my iPad and also on the paper that the Dr. wrote the instructions on...but figure that I needed them in as many places as possible! The problem with this med is that it can bring on gout attacks so she is trying to introduce it into my system slowly till I get to the amount that she wants me to take. The trip to the doctor took the whole morning as it is about a 45 min. trip one way...and today's visit in the office wasn't as quick as it usually is. So we didn't get home till after 11:30 after leaving at 8am. School got cancelled except for Esther's long time with me. She came over after lunch. She looked through cross stitch books and decided on what she wants to cross stitch next. We chose the colors for her project and then she helped me put out the Precious Moments Nativity. (Obviously I didn't get that nativity put out last night after I blogged as I said that I might!) Isaac, Joseph, Esther, Elijah and Joy were in and out during the rest of the afternoon. Woody walked four miles on this very warm November afternoon. We are supposed to have another quite warm day tomorrow and then the bottom is supposed to drop out temperature-wise. This has been a busy day and I haven't had a lot of time to just sit except when riding in the car...so "my chair" is sounding very good to me at the moment. Woody is downstairs enjoying the evening in "his chair."

No comments:

Post a Comment