Monday, November 14, 2016

Obscured

Well, my view of the super super moon is rather obscured by the surrounding tall tall trees and their branches and leaves. I was able to get a enough of a peek to be able to post this picture. Woody is at Monday night prayer meeting. We had supper a little before he left. I was cleaning today and had to move the waffle iron and got hungry for waffles so we had breakfast for supper...buttermilk whole wheat waffles and chicken with apple sausage links. Pretty good for a change of pace! Isaac has once again spent most of the day with me. He was a great help with making the waffle batter. He told me that he is a "good little baker!" He got a nibble of one of the waffles before he headed home for his supper. Isaac, Elijah and I have done more decorating. They do enjoy getting into the boxes finding all sorts of treasures and then helping me decide where to put them. I didn't get much rest this afternoon...they are pretty good task masters! Elijah also had his long time with me. He has finished with the K'nex study of levers and pulleys and we got under way with the study kit about wheels, axles, and inclined planes today. He is getting great at following the instructions...I can pretty well sit to one side and hand him a piece once in a while. While the boys and I were working, Woody went on a four-mile walk. Before lunch, he went to the Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff and then visit a couple of friends who reside there. I had a usual day of school. Joy continued to work on a plaid shirt for her doll. She set in the sleeves today...not an easy task. She learned about "frog stitching" = "rip it, rip it, rip it!" We finally got both the sleeves in...I think that she would have had a lot less trouble on a regular sized sleeve over these doll-sized ones! She is very close to finishing now that the sleeves are in. It is definitely feeling fall-like now that the temps have dropped. Over the weekend I changed over my closet to fall/winter...it had become a little of both due to the temperatures going back and forth. I wonder if I will be dipping back into my summer/spring clothes again in 2016. At the moment short sleeves are far from my mind and in a good place in a different closet! They are predicting the temperatures to really drop the first of next week...down into the upper 20's. Brrrrrrrrr! We are still very dry...needing rain very badly. And, the prediction is that we won't get much rain with the approach of the next cold front...maybe a little...a little is better than the none that we have been getting. I guess I have earned a little time in "my chair!" The last couple of nights I have been using "my chair" time as a time to hand finish the Christmas ornaments for the neighbor grandchildren. Four are complete...so "just" three to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment