Saturday, October 1, 2016

Welcome, October! Farewell, Fall Ball!

I thought that I was going to have quite a few children come in this morning...Nathan had taken the boys and Esther camping in their RV to "free up" the house for Abigail's slumber party. Nathan's group was supposed to come over here once they got back and stay till Abigail's friends went home later in the morning. I only ended up with one who ate breakfast with us--Elijah. Joseph did bring a plate with his pancakes from home and ate with us for a while. Isaac came in to see us. As did Graham. But all went home pretty quickly. The girls didn't sleep in as long as expected as one had to leave early...so all slumberers were up and about so what is five more to join in the frolics! Graham was going to do some school work over here, but decided to go back home and hole up in his room. I just saw Abigail at the ball game and it sounded like she had a good time at her party. Woody headed off a little after nine to go to the library and make a quick stop at WalMart to see if they had an over-the-counter med that I needed that they were out of yesterday. Woody spent a lot of time out in the yard today. He said that he got about half his garlic bed planted. I spent a lot of time in my chair today icing my foot...I think that I might have a touch of gout...again. I also worked on some more old black and white photos. I found some the other day of a trip that I made with a friend to Payson, AZ back in 1960. I decided to scan the pictures and send them by email to her. So I am still fiddling with old photos, but still don't have my negative scanner working...so am just scanning the original photos...not sure which gives the better picture. We headed out to Elijah's last ball game a little after five this evening. It was another good game for their team. Tonight's photos show Elijah up to bat, then hitting the ball (the ball he hit is in the picture), and then on first and finally crossing home plate. His team won 14-2. Way to go Blue Raiders...Elijah and all the team! It's been a good month of Fall Ball...getting to watch Joy, Esther, and Elijah play.

No comments:

Post a Comment