Saturday, October 15, 2016

Harvest of Herbs

Today I harvested some of our herbs--marjoram, English thyme, terragon, and oregano. Nathan got a replacement for the dehydrator that we had used in the past that decided to quit working on us. So today I tried it out. It has worked quite well...much faster than the other one. I just finished getting thyme leaves into their spice/herb jar. And, I still have the others to get into their respective jars after I blog. Woody did his usual Saturday morning errands including a trip to Lowes and the library. Later in the afternoon, Joseph, Goosey (Woody), and I went back to Lowes to return what Woody had gotten this morning. I went along to help and thought that we had the right item, color, etc...but we got home and again it isn't what we need...so guess another trip to Lowes is in our near future! The children have been in and out today. Joseph spent quite a bit of time over here as his parents and older siblings were doing some meal preparation for their freezer. There are some upcoming surgeries this coming week and Kathy was attempting to have some meals ready to help the family out while she recoups! Kathy is having foot surgery and Abigail is having ear surgery. Woody took a four-mile evening walk and returned a little while ago. I have been attempting to get something sewn for Abigail before her birthday on Monday. So far I don't think that she has seen it...but it hasn't been easy to keep it a secret. She called earlier wanting to come over to work on her jean skirt and I had to put her off...or she would have seen it! I will go finish up with the herbs and then get back to my sewing. I would like to get it finished tonight, but not sure that I will be able to at the rate I am going! I'm glad that I worked on my Sunday School lesson last night. Well, back to getting dried herbs crushed and into their jars. It will be nice to have freshly dried herbs ready for our cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment