Monday, October 3, 2016

Must Be Monday...Again!

I had an abreviated time of school this morning as Nathan, Katny and family had a gig at our local community college. Joseph, Isaac, and Elijah had their time this morning. Then Elijah came back over after they got back this afternoon to have his long time. We continued our "study" on pulleys...today he made a sailboat with K'nex and the line for the sail included compound pulleys...a combination of fixed and movable pulleys. See...even Grammy is learning something! Joy will make up her long time tomorrow. Joseph spent some time with Goosey (Woody) after his school time with me. When he was ready, Woody took him home and then proceded to go on his four-mile walk of the day. After lunch Woody went to The Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff and to visit with some of the residents. This evening after supper, he headed off to church for the Monday night prayer meeting. Most of the time when I wasn't doing school I was sitting in my chair resting my foot. I am having another bout with gout. I seem to have what I call "traveling gout" as I never know where it will hit...finger joint, elbow, foot (toes or heel or instep or ankle), knee, etc. Did you realize that gout is a form of arthritis? I didn't until I did some research on it a while back. I did do a little cooking today...one item I "cooked" was our iron skillet. It needed to be reseasoned. I am not sure that I am happy with the results, but it is better than it was. And, for us to eat, I fried some okra for part of our lunch. Woody is home from the prayer meeting settling in for the evening in front of the TV with a book in his hands. And, I am planning on hobbling back to my chair as soon as I blog...though I do need to do a few things to get ready for Joy's sewing time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment