Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Another Calendar Page Turned

A new day, a new month and thus we welcome February. February, the shortest month of the year...so you know this month will fly by! February came in as another very pretty day. I think that the forecast is for lower temperatures, but we have enjoyed these warmer days that have given us a hint of Spring to come. Woody worked out in the yard once again today. Late this afternoon he enjoyed a four-mile walk. My main activity of the day was to finally get back to the church library for the first time this year for a work day. Donna and I accomplished quite a bit in processing books...several steps closer to them being ready to check out. This was an order of Christian fiction so our fiction readers will be happy in a few weeks when they start to show up on the new book shelf. I came home and knew that it was time for me to sit and rest. The same spasms happened to my back shortly after I sat down...but only one spasm this time...I have learned to sit very still for a while after one occurs! This time I dozed off and when I woke up all was well. Woody worked this afternoon making Peasant Salad (aka Soggy Bread Salad (dubbed that by Nathan the first time he ate it). It is a salad that has many fresh veggies in it along with feta cheese and a hearty type of bread. The dressing is balsamic vinegar...and the vinegar soaks into the bread thus the renaming of the salad. Woody enjoys eating it in pita bread as a sandwich. I enjoy picking out the veggies, etc. that I like along with a piece of bread every now and again! I planned to make chili today, but since my back was doing its thing I decided that I had better approach cooking with a well rested back tomorrow. This morning Woody did his usual Krogering along with a stop at Aldis.

No comments:

Post a Comment