Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Definitely Tuesday

Just before I came in to blog I was reading and my book mentioned the beautiful sunsets in the Blueridge Mountains. That brought back a memory of taking sunset pictures on the way back from one of our NIH trips. This return trip we got away from NIH earlier than usual and Woody decided that we would drive back on the Skyline Drive through Shendoah National Park. Again, we made many stops along the way so I could take pictures and it was another one of those roads that you couldn't go above a certain speed limit...I imagine 45mph again, but not sure. Anyway before we got off Skyline Drive the sun had set. At the various stops toward the end of the drive, I recorded the sun going down...and it was a lovely sight. Not sure that the pictures do it justice, but you can probably get an idea of how beautiful the sunset was that evening. Today, we once again had a pretty routine day. This is the day that Isaac comes and spends the morning while his mommy goes to a Bible study at church and the rest of his family have juggling practice. He almost didn't come since he had gotten used to going with them while I had been sick...but when he found out that I would miss him, he changed his mind! We had a great time of school and then he wanted to help me undecorate. And, he REALLY was a big help and we accomplished a lot. A lot got packed away and a lot of regular decorations got found and at least placed close to where they are supposed to go. I finally had to call a time out as I needed to sit and rest! He worked with a phonics app on my iPad while I rested. We had a very pleasant morning and he said that he was glad that he had stayed with me! Late morning Woody headed of walking to get a hair cut...part one of his walk for the day. This evening he walked to and from the prayer room...part two of today's walk. He just returned a few minutes ago. Woody played baker today and baked brownies and cornbread...both VERY tasty! After lunch Abigail came for her reading time and then Joy came for hers. After Joy finished reading, we took pictures of her doll in the new plaid shirt that Joy made for her. I also took a picture of Joy's smile as it will change tomorrow as she is getting braces in the morning! She has been eating all the things that will be forbidden during her time with braces...like popcorn, candy apples, caramel apples, and other really crunchy/sticky things that she likes to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment