Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Mid February Wednesday

Can you believe that the middle of February was yesterday and now we are on the downhill slide of this month? Time continues to fly! I guess staying busy is one way to keep time moving quickly. I had school with Joseph, Isaac, Elijah, Esther, Joy, and Abigail this morning. Abigail completed another zippered pouch. She started one last week when I was at the church working in the library. She had a problem when she couldn't make the fusible batting fuse so she compromised and found another way...more quilting to keep the pieces together. Today she finished that pouch. And, I attempted to help her with the fusible batting...and though I bought it as fusible and have the paper instructions on how to make it fuse...and the receipt says that it is fusible. I agree with Abigail...IT ISN'T fusible! While I was having school this morning, Woody did his Wednesday Krogering with a stop at Aldis. I did manage to put away some of the groceries. After his shopping trip, Woody made some really good cookies, Spicy Molasses Pumpkin cookies. As soon as I finished lunch with a cookie for dessert, I headed towards the church with a quick stop at the public library. When I tried to check out an e-book last night it said that my card needed validating. So I stopped and got it validated...they just have to check to see if your address and phone number are the same as last year. I did find out that I can validate my card over the phone. I was glad to learn that as I got to wondering what I would have done if I hadn't been able to check out e-books while I was "chair-bound" during my gout attacks and couldn't have gotten to the library. I read lots of e-books during January. At least I learned that my presence isn't required at the library to get my card working again. After getting that task completed, I headed to the church library to work for a couple of hours. Donna, Fran and I got a lot done today. I came home pretty tired and headed straight to my chair and the heating pad...my back wasn't happy. I know that it didn't take very long before my eyes closed and I was dozing. Before going to sleep I did manage to get the e-book I had been reading checked out again. I woke up with Isaac in the room! He wanted to spend some time over here before his supper. He decided to play with Osmo Pizza Co. again. Woody and I have had supper and are settling in for another quiet evening. I have no energy...guess that I am still "recovering." It doesn't take very much for me to get worn out and tonight I have not a lick of energy. Perhaps I will be able to lift a needle to do a few more stitches on my sampler.

No comments:

Post a Comment