Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Hunt Is On!

I'm sure that you have heard of Easter egg hunts! Well, I am in the midst of my annual Christmas ornament hunt! I would guess that between Isaac and me, a hundred ornaments give or take a few have been removed from the tree. Can you tell by the above picture?!? So far I have removed the ornaments that are stored in one of many cardboard boxes. Everything that goes in that cardboard box is back in it with actual room to spare...so I have left that box open behind a chair in the living room so I can add others that might not fit into another box. Along with the hunt there is also the puzzle making (fitting the boxes back into a particular cardboard box).
A little before coming up to blog I emptied the next cardboard box of its ornament boxes.
The hunt will be on till I find all the ornaments that go in these small boxes and then...the puzzle solving will take place when I try to refit them back in the box. There is one thing that I know...each and everyone of these small boxes fit back into that large box...one way or another! It never fails that there is an elusive ornament or two that is difficult to find amongst the hundreds that still hang on the tree. I had been looking since yesterday for one ornament and just found it a little while ago...that made it possible to pack up that first large cardboard box (many more large cardboard boxes to follow)! Part of the time I enjoy this part of the undecorating as I once again get to remember events and/or family and friends as I put them away...other times it gets a bit frustrating when I just can't find a certain one. At least the process is underway! "Maybe" I can have them off the tree and the tree down before March 1? That is sort of my goal at the moment! I have another hunt underway too...I just realized today that I haven't come across the everyday items that go back in the upstairs hall bathroom. I knew when I put away the Christmas towels and a couple of other Christmas things that I didn't find the usual box they go in, but just put them away in another box that had enough room. At the time I didn't think about the things that I needed to put back into the bathroom that I had stored away during the holidays. I realized it today when Isaac needed a hand towel and the towel bar was empty and then realized that the two pictures that hang on the walls weren't there either. So now I will need to look through the stacks of boxes that are in the hallway to see if I can find that particular box...or that bathroom will have bare walls till next Christmas when I'll probably come across the box with them in it. I will need to look through the stacks before Woody starts packing away the boxes in the Christmas closet. A hunt for another day! Isaac and I had our usual "long Grammy time" this morning. We did lots of school things and then he helped me for a while finding Christmas ornaments to store away. Woody worked outside quite a bit today. He said that he was just doing a lot of different things outside. The garage looks so much better after he attacked the clutter out there. Our garbage gets picked up tomorrow and the garbage can is a lot fuller than it usually is thanks to his decluttering the garage. Woody walked to and from the prayer room at church this evening. He has returned and is settling in for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment