Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Hunt Goes On and On and...

Well, the tree now has three boxes worth of ornaments removed...can you tell any difference?!? I can tell that it is getting emptier, but...still an awful lot more to go! I have two large boxes loaded and have found all the ornaments for another box (bottom picture). I have all the ornaments on top of their individual boxes so now I just have to put them in their boxes and then pack them into their cardboard box. This is a smaller number than the first two boxes. I did the ornament hunt for a little too long today and have paid for it with my back giving me problems this afternoon and evening. I knew that I needed to stop but I kept seeing boxes that I knew where the ornament was on the tree and wanted to get just one more and then one more...till finally I had them all found for that box and then wanted to get them packed into their large box. It won't be long till the process speeds up as once I don't have to find ornaments for their specific boxes then I just layer them into boxes with tissue paper. But as my back told me this afternoon, I can't go at this for any length of time...so it will continue to be a slow process. I had school with Joseph and Isaac this morning. The others didn't come to read as they had some place to go mid-morning. Esther did come over this afternoon for her long time. It was a good thing that she didn't need me much for her cross stitch project. I sat in my recliner and she sat in the sewing room and did her cross stitch under the Dazor magnifying light that is in here. I couldn't get out of my chair when she got over here. I told her if she needed me to bring her project to me! After she stitched for a while, she went into the school room and worked on one of those intricate coloring pictures that she is doing with colored pencils. Her Auntie Cheryl gave it to her for Christmas and she has kept it over here to work on. She is doing a really nice job...very pretty. While she was working in the school room, Isaac and Joseph came over and started playing downstairs while Nathan talked to Woody. Jospeh went home with Nathan, but Isaac stayed and Esther joined him downstairs to play...then Elijah joined them. They really got involved in their play...lots of "things" got brought out of the toy closet. I told them that they had to clean them up before they left as Grammy had to have a path to the Christmas tree! Well, they took me literally...and just moved them away from the tree and left a path...but most are still in the living room rather than back in the toy closet. Guess I will give them more specific directions when next I see them! Woody has worked some more outside in the yard. I know that one of his projects is attempting to get some grass to grow around the stepping stones that go from our house to Nathan and Kathy's. That seems to be an ongoing project...and each year the grass starts growing, but as the year goes on either drought or trampling stops the growth. Woody went on a four-mile walk this morning. It has been a really pretty spring-like day once again today. I think that we will have warm temps for another couple of days and then they will drop once again...typical for this time of the year...back and forth between warm and cold. I think that I will go down and pack up the ornaments that are on the dining room table (the bottom photo) and then call it a day with ornament hunting/packing up. Woody is ensconsed in his chair in the family room with TV, books, and crossword puzzles. After putting those few ornaments away in their box, I will head to my chair and either read or do needlework. Sounds like a quiet way for both of us to spend our evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment