Monday, February 20, 2017

Spring is Popping Up!

Our dwarf iris and miniature jonquils are blooming in all their profusion...so pretty...but last just too short a time. It has been a beautiful spring-like day. It was fun to hear the children playing outside this afternoon. Today is my busy day of school. Joseph had his preschool time. Then Isaac came over for his time. Then my readers marched in one after the other...Elijah, Esther, Abigail. By the time Abigail finished reading it was just about time for Joy to come over for her long time. She got her jean skirt cut out and the side seams sewn during her time. I'm glad to show her a sewing project that doesn't take a really long time...all that's left is the elastic casing, inserting the elastic and pinning up the hem and sewing the hem in. Zoom, zoom! I ate lunch and then turned around and it was time for Elijah to come over for his long time. He decided that he would sew for part of his time. He practiced following the lines on a diamond and turning corners. He did a great job after not sewing for quite a while. After he did that he used the Osmo App on my iPad. He did the Osmo Pizza Co. app...he's trying to make enough money to buy a new and better oven for his pizza store...as well as make his customers happy! After Elijah went home I was ready to rest for a while...I just sat in my chair...didn't actually doze off...at least not that I remember! I got up early this morning so it has been a long day. I actually started taking ornaments off the tree before school started...so that monumental task has begun. After I rested for a while, I headed to the kitchen and made our long time...as I have made this recipe for years and years...spaghetti meat sauce...and tonight we had it on whole wheat spaghetti...rather than some kind of veggie spirals. Tasted really good as we hadn't had it in a long time. I took a chance and added a few sliced mushrooms to the sauce. I have been wondering if mushrooms might trigger my gout attacks. I had been being really good and staying away from mushrooms...but Woody had bought some really nice Baby Bella mushrooms and they were just crying to be added to the sauce! Now we will see if I am crying later in the week with gout pain. I didn't put many in and tried to avoid getting them in the sauce I had on my spaghetti...though I "had" to try a bite or two with a piece of them in said bites! Woody has had a busy day too. He has been working outside. I heard the leaf blower going and thought that he was blowing leaves in the yard...but think that he was blowing out the leaves that had drifted into the garage. I was surprised when I went out and found him cleaning out the garage...now THAT is a JOB! It looked really good with everything taken out of it! Of course a lot of that has to go back in! Our garage is really narrow and the car barely fits in (I will not pull the car in or out of the garage since it is such a tight squeeze.). Getting some of the things out from the sides will help...at least in getting in and out of the car when it is in the garage...as in being able to open the doors of the car! Woody went to the Life Care Center to have Bible study with Jeff mid-morning. This afternoon he went on a four-mile walk. And, this evening he went to church for Monday night prayer meeting. He should be tired! Nathan and Graham got our older green car going once again this afternoon so we are back to being a two-car couple. Woody is downstairs with books, puzzles, and the TV. I think that I will go settle into my chair with my needlework...though I'm not sure that I am awake enough to do it tonight. If I find myself "frog stitching" (as in rip-it, rip-it), I will stop for tonight and pick it another time when I am more alert! I was pretty sleepy/tired after supper...sat in a stupor for a while playing solitaire on the iPad...and that was putting me to sleep. "Maybe" coming in here to blog has awakened me...but I'm not too sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment