Saturday, February 4, 2017

Liquid Gold

It's been a "liquid gold" day for me. I got up and started stewing a chicken...next step was debone the chicken...then put bones + some veggies in the liquid that I stewed the chicken in...then slow simmer for several hours...results = several quarts of chicken stock aka liquid gold. Chicken stock is referred to as "liquid gold" because having it is so valuable to have some in the freezer ready for recipes. At present, today's efforts are cooling in the refrigerator. Tomorrow I will skim off the fat that rises to the surface and hardens when chilled. Then I will freeze it in two-cup portions all ready for various recipes that call for either chicken broth or stock. The meat from the stewed chicken is all cut up and ready for recipes too. It took a good part of the morning and afternoon but the end products make it worth the effort. While the chicken was stewing, I managed to get all the family room shadow box non-Christmas items back in place and got all the Christmas items all packed up and back in the box and the box upstairs in the growing pile of boxes to be stored away. I found a box that I store a lot of flat Christmas items in so started gathering up some of them and started filling that box. "Slowly but surely" continues! Woody did his usual Saturday errands...library, Walmart, and Aldis. Later in the afternoon he went on a four-mile walk. The neighbor Dorrell's spent a lot of time in our back and side yard today raking/blowing leaves. It was looking good out there when last I looked. Graham came over a little while ago to reclaim his Civil Air Patrol clothing items that I had altered and/or sewed patches on. He was pleased to have them finished. I keep looking at the two tops that I started working on yesterday...but just haven't had the oomph to work on them today. Tomorrow is another day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment